Press Release - Instaknow Wins Navy SBIR Award
Instaknow Wins Navy Grant Award to Automate Software Systems Integration
South Plainfield, NJ.
July 18, 2006
Instaknow has been awarded a Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant by US Navy Office of Naval Research to build solutions that enable rapid insertion of innovative and advanced Command and Control (C2) and Combat System technologies into the complex open-architecture framework of existing combat systems for naval tactical and surveillance operations.
Instaknow’s patented “Adaptive Intelligence” software builds automated processes, custom rules and logic across all disparate digitized sources without code or change to existing systems. Instaknow was selected from a field of more than (60) proposals to fulfill the requirements of research grant topic N05-163 (Navy) “Tools for Rapid Insertion or Adaptation of Combat System Capabilities” to “preserve and capitalize on the enormous investments made in existing and new information systems.”
The technical objectives of the Phase I research are to leverage the Instaknow-ACE capabilities to investigate and evaluate advanced approaches for:
- Allowing knowledgeable personnel to construct highly advanced intelligent composite applications for integrating real-time information and actions from multiple systems of diverse types.
- Building Analytical applications requiring fusion of dispersed data for decision empowerment
- "Knowledge Integration". Allowing a Warfighter to automatically locate other human/machine expertise and interact with those resources to solve complex problems with collaborative consultation in the field with an "outreach" capability using multi-modal communication.
- Enhancing real-time decision-making by integrating information from maps, databases and other real-time systems across the Internet (e.g. weather data, logistics information, satellite data, available backup personnel and their skill inventory etc.).
- An advanced, context-specific search engine that will not only find useful raw information from distributed sources but also tie it together and present it in a highly relevant manner pertaining to the specific problem being solved.
Armida Macri, Instaknow’s SBIR Program Manager, believes that the Navy was impressed with “Instaknow’s unique ability to build automated solutions rapidly, without code across all digitized sources.” Armida also led the effort responsible for Instaknow’s 2005 Coalition Warrior Interoperability Demonstration “Top Performer” award presented by the Department of Defense Joint Forces Command.
Instaknow’s award winning “Adaptive Artificial Intelligence” software is deployed to support large government, military, and corporate operations.
For more information, visit www.Instaknow.com or Email: Solutions@instaknow.com